Sunday, September 16, 2007

In 10 years...


In ten years I see myself working in an operating room as a Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). This is a very specific professional goal that I had set for myself junior year of high school, about 4 years ago now. I am already one step closer to achieving this goal by completing my undergraduate degree in nursing. Next semester, I will begin working towards completion of my 900 clinical hours that are required for graduation with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. The next step after graduation requires endless studying to pass the National Committee Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) exam. After passing this exam, I must obtain a position as a registered nurse for at least 1 year before being accepted to a CRNA graduate program. In that year of working as a registered nurse, depending on my personal life, I would love to work as a traveling nurse on the mountains in Colorado working with ski injuries. I would like to earn my graduate degree from either Boston College or Northeastern because being from Cape Cod I have always wanted to live in the city. However, the location of my continued education depends of course on my personal life.

On a personal level, in 10 years from know I see myself hopefully married to someone I love with 1 or 2 children. I would like to think that with my set educational goals, I will be in a well-off financial situation to comfortably raise children. I plan on staying close with my two sisters and parents. However, phone calls and e-mails will serve as our primary medium for communication seeing how my parents and older sister have recently relocated to Myrtle Beach where I never plan on living at any point in my lifetime. Overall, I would say that I am more sure of my professional status in 10 years than my personal future.

No comments: