Sunday, October 7, 2007

Free Week

Since it is a free week I am going to write about my recent vacation home. Due to a close friend's death, I left school on Tuesday and returned Friday. This trip reminded me of what is most important in life and that is friends and family. For many students, traveling away from home can make it very difficult to stay in close contact with your old friends from high school and family at home. Being on the Cape this week reminded me of how important it is to value each friendship and do the most you can do keep in touch with loved ones. Although I was home under extremely unfortunate circumstances, I had a wonderful time with old friends who I vowe to keep closer to now that I'm away again. I think that everyone should keep this in mind and try to make time one day a week to call a few old friends or mail them a simple card to let them know you are thinking about them. Only a smile and continuing friendship will come of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to take away something positive from such a tough time. And we're glad to have you back at Clemson too!